Saturday, February 19, 2011

Good News: Studying Arabic Abroad

Halao, world!

I'm honored to share some great news with y'all today: I got this scholarship called the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) award to go to an Arab country and study Arabic for approximately 10 weeks during the summer!!! :D:D:D Of course, I got it only because of the support of my amazing teachers (who must have exaggerated when writing my recommendation letters) and my extremely supportive friends and classmates. I am really blessed to have these people; they're a miracle! These same people have given me support and confidence at the time I most needed it, and it's these exact same people who give me the motivation to keep on doing what I'm doing - that if I don't do it, the world will be destroyed (they really think this; how sweet of them! But we all know it's not true. It's just, they know exactly what to say when!). I would name them, especially two of the most important of these friends, but now might not be the best time. I love them. As for my teachers, I'll be writing long letters to them a few days after my graduation (May 2011, InshaAllah!) and might be sharing excerpts of those on my Blog and Website, if I feel it's okay to do so.

I'm telling you all this so you may be encouraged and apply for the award. For more information, please click the above-provided link. It defines a critical language as well, which include Persian, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi, and Chinese.

Best of luck to all those who apply!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! well done! so which arab country will you be going to??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sepoooo!! :D I don't know yet where I'll be going; they're gonna determine that based on our proficiency assessment, which we've to turn in by Monday. They'll tell us in a few weeks where we'll be going. The options are: Morocco, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, Egypt, and Syria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alf mabrook. Keep us posted on where you will be going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Dear LuckyFatima! Will do so, inshaAllah! Can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Mashallah! Congratulations, that is absolutely wonderful news! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Dare to opine :)

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...