Sunday, October 12, 2014

Saving Fish from Drowning

Because this reminds me of Zakir Naik (and our other "leaders" who are actually misleading our people):

A pious man explained to his followers: 'It is evil to take lives and noble to save them. Each day I pledge to save a hundred lives. I drop my net in the lake and scoop out a hundred fishes. I place the fishes on the bank, where they flop and twirl. "Don't be scared," I tell those fishes. "I am saving you from drowning." Soon enough, the fishes grow calm and lie still. Yet, sad to say, I am always too late. The fishes expire. And because it is evil to waste anything, I take those dead fishes to market and I sell them for a good price. With the money I receive, I buy more nets so I can save more fishes.”
Amy Tan, Saving Fish from Drowning: A Novel

8 comments:

  1. We saved a small bird today :). This is reminded me of a question I asked someone "How long are you a convert for?" and the answer was 'always'... I'll never be 'muslim' enough I felt but I'll be the Muslim I need to be for the sake of Allah ia. But it is lonely place :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've some convert friends who go through hell with many born-Muslims, too. It's ironic because on the one hand, many of us will call converts "reverts" (because, we believe, all humans were born Muslims but then corrupted by their parents/families/communities and misguided towards other religions), but on the other hand, a convert can never be Muslim enough!

      Love and peace to you <3

      Delete
    2. Also, yayyy for saving a small bird! :) That's precious! God reward you for that. Life is life no matter whose it is and saving one life, as the Qur'an says, is like saving all of humanity. So bravo to you!

      Delete
    3. and love and peace to you too! Your blog is so beautiful and a reassurance. Thank you x

      Delete
    4. I'm so glad to hear that, DL! Thank you for your support and love!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I blushed!!! You make me so happy, hot stuff! I love you, too! And I can't wait to see you, iA!

      Delete

Dare to opine :)

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...