Saturday, March 1, 2014

Today, I hosted my first party ever!

I love people, I love being around my friends and other good people, and I love my friends. Today (Friday, February 28, 2014), I hosted the party of two incredibly special friends. I have some of the most amazing conversations with them, and we often talk about gender-related issues. So I decided to go all satirical on them and make the decorations ... well, princessy. Everything was pink, including some of the colors of the cake, and even the cake's message was "Happy Birthday, Princess I. and Princess P" (their full names were on the cake, but these are their initals). hahahaha. They totally got it, as did the guests, and we had a fabulous time and great laughter. Alhamdulillah for love, happiness, good friends, and the whole idea of parties!

 I've never really done anything like this before, but it was so much fun organizing it and hosting it that I intend to do this more often. InshaAllah. I was kind of nervous initially because I didn't know how it'd go, if anyone will like my food (I cooked Persian spaghetti! OMG THAT THING IS DELLICIOUS, Y'ALL!!!), if they'd have fun. But it looks like everyone had fun and enjoyed much. I certainly did. I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did today. :)

A close friend of mine who lives close to me in the same apartment complex as me has two young sons whom I love to death. They came over (as did my friend), and they made the party even better! The older one plays the violin, so he performed the "Happy birthday song" for my friends, and it was beautifully done :) He also played another song at the end for us. Because they're much younger than me and my friends, the topics discussed with them made the atmosphere feel lighter than it probably would have if all of us were just graduate students (or upper-level undergrads) studying heavy topics, analyzing things to the point of not being able to enjoy things that shouldn't be enjoyed in the first place. The kids told awesome jokes, shared awesome experiences and anecdotes from their schools and classrooms and teachers, and made us all laugh like crazy.

All in all, I have safely and fairly concluded that the first party/gathering I have ever hosted in my life went SO darn well I'm going to do this a lot more often now, ka khairee! :)

2 comments:

  1. TO DO ANY ISLAMIC ACT PROOF REQUIRED IN 1]QURAN-2]HADEES-3]SAHABAS LIFE OR ELSE ITS SURELY A BIDDAH
    IS THERE A 3RD IDD IN ISLAM... http://www.facebook. com/note.php?note_id= 188621324505108
    http://www.triumphpro.com/ birthdays-origin.htm In Judaism,
    The one single mention of a celebration being held in commemoration of someone's day of birth is for Egyptian PHAROAH.[PHIRAUN]
    http:christmasxmas.xanga.com/ 684910421/item/
    What is the origin of birthday celebrations?
    Birthday celebrations are actually rooted in paganism.
    MUHAMMAD salahu alai hi waslam's 63 YEARS LIFE BIRTHDAY WAS NOT DONE
    Exaggerated Praise of the Prophet of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him)On the authority of Sayyiduna Umar ibn al- Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say: �Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Messenger.� (Sahih al-Bukhari, no: 3261)
    NABI SALALUHAALAIHIWASALAM PERIOD 63 YEARS BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    A].Hazrat abu bakar sidique PERIOD 2 YEARS BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    B]Hazrat umer raziAllahu thala PERIOD 10 YEARS.. BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    C]Hazrat usman raziallah PERIOD 12 YEARS.. . BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    D]Hazrat ali raziallah hu thala PERIOD 5 YEARS... BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    E]Hazrat IMAM ABU HANIFA PERIOD 47 YEARSH..BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    F]IMAM SHAFI PERIOD 55 YEARS ..BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    G]Imam hanbal period..... PERIOD 38 YEARS BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    H]ABDUL KHADER JEELANI- PERIOD 60 YEARS BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    ------------------ ------------------------------ ---------
    TOTAL 292 YEARS. BIRTHDAY NOT DONE
    NO ONE DARED TO ATTEMPT THIS BIDDAH [INNOVATION] ROOTED IN THE TRADITION OF
    PHIRAUN THE ENEMY OF ALLAH-
    'HOW DID THIS BIRTHDAY OR MILAD PRACTICE ENETER ISLAM READ......
    THE MISCHIEF OF SHIAS...BORN TO DEFY ISLAM.......
    The first to invent this heresy in Islam was the Fatimi State[8] in Cairo at the fourth Hijri century. They had invented six birthdays celebrations; for; The prophet Sala Allah Alyhi wasalam, Ali, Fatima, Al Hassan and Al Hussein,(May Allah be pleased with them all) and a birthday for their present monarch as well.
    In ancient Rome, the emperor gave huge parties in honor of his own birthday, which included parades, circuses, and gladiatorial combat.
    including many birthdays of gods and famous men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhh - actually, no. To declare any act haram in Islam, you need proof, not to declare an act halaal. So find me one Qur'anic proof that saying happy birthday or celebrating happy birthdays or other celebrations is haraam.

      Meanwhile, peace! :) And happy birthday to my friends!

      Delete

Dare to opine :)

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...